I was tagged by Robin to list 15 random things about myself. Here goes:
1. Random is a good word to describe me. I am always starting one thing and before finishing, starting another…and another. If you look around my house you’ll see little piles of started and unfinished projects. That is why Donald has added a studio to our new house….a place to store my piles…and make new ones!
2. I love..LOVE … LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper! It’s the best! And I drink way tooooo many.
3. My favorite color combination is black and white! And just a touch of something bright for accent. I like it in clothes, in shoes, in art, in decorating, in everything!
4.I love rusty things…rusty anything! I think the color and shading is beautiful and unlike anything a painter can capture. I also love the verdigris patina that copper takes on. It is such a ‘natural’ process, and fun to watch. (Yes I know you can’t actually ‘watch’ it happen, but it’s neat to see it evolve over time.) I have actually bought things for my home and then put them outside for a few months to get some character!
5. I am very frightened of lightning. VERY! I do not like it! And I know it is from God and necessary in the grand scheme of things, but I just wish it would never happen around me! EVER!
6. I have a clock that is very difficult to set. So, I don’t. I just have to remember that it is right only during daylight savings time!
7. I have stacks of books that I have not read. I fully intended to at the time, but just haven’t yet. At least I will have something to put in our new library.
8. I do not like to sit in the back of the church. I usually sit on the 3rd or 4th row….if I get in there first from Sunday School. If Donald gets there first, we sit about 7 or 8 rows backs. He is 6’2″…I am 5’1″…..plus, I get very distracted if there is anything between me and the preacher…and I need to hear everything he is saying!
9. I love to make lists. And I love to cross things off of lists…if I don’t lose the list and have to make another one. Which sometimes happens…and when I find the first list, I can really confuse myself. Which is not a good thing…for someone who is easily confused. If I forget to put something on my to do list…and I do it anyway..I will write it on the list just so I can cross it off. My crazy friend Jean does this, too. So there is crazy in AL and PA.
10. I love listening to music by Beethoven. It speaks to my soul, and to my heart. The notes are like words I need to hear. Music is a beautiful thing!
11. My favorite scene from nature is a bare tree against a grey sky. It’s branches are like beautiful architecture.
12. I know these last 2 things make me sound like a much deeper thinker than I am. And I maybe could be a deeper thinker if I was not spending so much time looking for lists, and waiting for rust to happen!
13. On the days when I plan to run away from home, I call the airlines and check on the cost of a flight to Maui. I always change my mind before I give them my card number…but….one day………
14. I think sunflowers…the giant ones…are magnificent!
15. My sister likes to think she can boss me around…but she can only boss me around when I NEED to be bossed around. Like yesterday. Thanks, Sis.
WHEW! Now you know way more about me than you ever wanted to know, and I realize I’m just a more ‘off-center’ than I thought!
I am tagging: Crazy Jean in PA. and Jennifer.