Tomorrow is the time for my Dad’s surgery to repair his colostomy. He has been counting down the days and the hours and the minutes since Christmas. He is not the most patient of men, and this has been so hard on him and Mom. But, praise God, he has healed well and the doctor feels the time is right to put things back as they were. I would so appreciate your prayers in the morning. God is so good and we thank him for his healing mercies.
I’ve been thinking about posting this for some time, and it’s not as easy as you may think. Here goes:
Choose 5 people who you would like to spend the day with. They can be living or deceased. Exclude immediate family and friends. Why did you choose these people?
1. President Bush. I would love to see the inner working of the White House. I admire President Bush and I think he is a fine man. What a position he is in. I would like to pray with him and let him know that I support him and appreciate what a tough job he has.
2. Joyce Meyer. It seems as if every time I hear her speak on T.V. she has something to say directly to me. She speaks in such a direct and forthright manor, that it is easy to understand just what her message is. There is no beating around the bush with her. She states it clear and plain. I would like to just have a conversation one on one with her.
3. Oprah Winfrey. I do enjoy watching her program and I think she tries to serve humankind in the things she undertakes. What bothers me is that she says that she is a christian, but I never hear her talk about the saving grace of Jesus. I know that she tries to represent all sides of a subject, but I’ve never heard her say anything that makes me think she really knows the Lord. I should not judge, but I would just like to make sure she knows the truth.
4. Elizabeth Owens. This is my mother-in-law who passed away about a year and a half ago. We all miss her so much. I find that there are things I never asked her or talked to her about and I would love to have that chance. She died unexpectedly, so we were not prepared for her early home going.
5. I do not even know this person’s name. I am looking for the foremost authority on pain in the world. My middle son suffers from a disease called cerebellar atrophy. He is in constant, severe pain. We have been all over the country to specialist after specialist, and we have received no help. I know there is someone who has an answer for him. If I had a whole day with his/her attention…maybe we could get somewhere.
So….who would you choose? Word of caution…it’s hard to choose just 5.
I am a Christian woman who has survived many years on the planet. God has blessed me with a wonderful family: husband, 3 sons, a dear DIL, and a precious grandson. I also have dear friends to keep me inspired. I am an artist of sorts and am finding my way through the great blessing of retirement. I recently retired after 20 years as a music teacher. Life is good!