This has been such a busy time for me. I just can’t seem to find the time to catch my breath!

Of course, the wedding consummed all of last weekend. On Thursday morning, Mom went in to see her doctor to get a shot of steroids to help clear up her cough and URI. She wanted to be feeling good for the wedding. Imagine our surprise when the doctor said she was to report straight to the hospital. Pnuemonia. So, off she went, and got started on her IV antibiotics. She insisted, though, that I continue on with the wedding prep. Our relatives from NC came down for the wedding and I did not even get to see them until the wedding. They did not even get to visit with Mom until after the ceremony. By the way, she got out of the hospital on Saturday morning, rested a bit, got ready, and met us at the church at 4:30 for pics. She was very weak, but I don’t think anything could have kept her away. Thankfully, her doctor goes to our church, and he attended the wedding, too. He let me know he was there in case she needed him. That made me feel so much better. She made it through the ceremony, but left afterward, which was for the best. She visited with my aunts and cousins for a little at her house.

The relatives were planning to leave early on Sunday morning, but, cousin Lisa called me late on Saturday night and said to call them when I got up…they wanted to come and see The Creek House before they left. I was so glad. They came over, and saw the house. We had a chance to visit for about an hour and then they were off on their 12 hour trip home.

These are such special people in my life. I love them all so much and wish that I was able to spen more time with them. Some of my happiest memories have been spent with them, and the rest of their families. They would be here in a heartbeat if we needed them, as we would for them. Family…that is such a beautiful word. And, these ladies are family in the truest sense.

After they left, I went back to bed and slept, off and on, all day. Then Monday, it was the start of another week FULL.

Alex and Don left Monday morning headed to Birmingham. Don had a follow-up appt. with his dr. from his surgery several weeks ago. Then, Alex had a day full of pre-op work with his eye surgeon today in prep for the first phase of his surgery tomorrow. All went well today, and he is set for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the first of my 4 Spring Musicals. Another one Thur., then another on Fri. Shirts that were to be delivered last Friday, have been arriving a little at a time…which has been a little unnerving, to say the least.

I have 4 new magazines and I am on my way now to climb up into the middle of the bed…with a Diet Dr. Pepper…and read until I get sleepy. If awake, I’ll watch some American Idol…if not, I’ll just dream about it!